I know I’ve been away for a few weeks so this looks like a poor excuse for a post but I assure guarentee you that you will learn something about the nature of the fashion industry if you read this. It’s by leading industry expert Kathleen Fasanella … enough said!
Why existing manufacturers don’t add plus sizes
Nothing drags out confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance more efficiently than a discussion of plus size apparel. Examples:
- Manufacturers are greedy and will do anything for a buck.
- Manufacturers must not want my money if they won’t make clothes I want to buy.
- Manufacturers don’t care about me, they don’t care how I feel.
- Manufacturers are trying to make me feel better by putting smaller size labels in clothes.
- Manufacturers don’t want to see fat people in their clothes because it devalues their brand.
- Manufacturers enjoy making fat people look ridiculous… [which devalues their brand]
Think people, there’s more than the obvious at work.
Thanks for all the comments and emails wishing Karen and myself congratulations. Our wedding went beautifully … I couldn’t have hoped for a better day, better family and friends or a more lovely bride! We’re still tickled pink with excitement and loving every minute of it.
I’ve been offered a potential solution for the purple Gottex deep plunge halter so I’m going to give it a try and see what happens.
For all the stumbleupon users that swamped the website while I was away … firstly, welcome … secondly I’ve put the little icon thingy you’re all so obsessed with at the bottom of each post, along with the icons for the other social networking sites … honestly I didn’t think cut and paste was so difficult that you needed a one click button, but go figure (can you feel the sarcasm ?)